|| Start Time:
|| End Time:
STATEHOUSE – State Representative Eric Koch (R-Bedford) will host a community forum with leaders of the Indiana Department of Child Services (DCS). The purpose of the forum is to provide an opportunity for DCS officials to report on progress made by the agency and to receive input from the public.
• State Representative Eric Koch (R-Bedford)
• Andrea Goodwin, Director of the Indiana Child Abuse and Neglect Hotline
• Nikki Henderson, Department of Child Services (DCS) Region 13 Regional Manager (Owen, Monroe, Brown, Lawrence and Greene counties)
• John Ryan, DCS Chief of Staff
Rep. Koch will host a public community forum with leaders of the Indiana DCS.
Tuesday, May 15, 2012 at 5:30 p.m.
Bedford, Ind. in the Northwest Assembly Hall at Oakland City University-Bedford
405 I St. Bedford, Ind. 47421
The purpose of the forum is to provide an opportunity for DCS officials to report on progress made by the agency and to receive input from the public. This summer, the General Assembly will be conducting oversight hearings pursuant to Senate Enrolled Act 286. The Department of Child Services Interim Study Committee will:
• Study and review the progress and improvement made by the Department.
• Review best practices concerning child welfare, child mental health, and delinquent children.
• Receive and review status reports from the Department of Child Services ombudsman.
• Review and study the Department of Child Services Child Abuse and Neglect Hotline.
• Make legislative recommendations.
“The public input received at our community forum will be very helpful to DCS and the Legislative Oversight Committee,” said Rep. Koch.
Rep. Koch serves House District 65, which includes parts of Bartholomew, Brown, Jackson and Lawrence counties. He also serves as Assistant Republican Caucus Chairman.
Koch MA - community forum.docx