E-transcript legislation will help higher education institutions and Hoosier employers
STATEHOUSE —House Bill 1341, authored by State Rep. Bob Behning (R-Indianapolis), passed unanimously out of the Indiana House today. House Bill 1341 establishes an E-transcript program in Indiana.
"My focus is to give students the best chance to find high quality jobs when they finish their academic career. This legislation will make the application process easier when it comes to employment or higher education," said Rep. Behning.
The program creates a standardized, electronic transcript that high school students send to schools and employers. The E-transcript program is currently implemented in 80 percent of high schools. House Bill 1341 will now require the remaining 20 percent to participate in the E-transcript program.
Individual high schools that have their own transcript program can cause confusion for students applying to higher education or employment. E-transcripts will eliminate any confusion and make it easier for students to apply to any college through one uniformed transcript.
“E-transcripts benefit more than just education institutions,’’ said Rep. Behning. “Employers often request transcripts from students. This program will create a uniformed transcript, allowing the employer to better understand and read what our students have accomplished.”