Where do you stand?
|Start Date: ||12/13/2011|| All Day|
|End Date: ||12/13/2011|
House District 76’s Legislative Survey
As your state representative, it is vital to me that we keep the lines of communication open. A great way to facilitate this is for you to fill out my 2012 legislative survey. Your responses to this survey help me know where you stand on key issues and understand what topics are most important to you.
This survey will be mailed to every household in District 76. The survey is also available to take online at: http://www.in.gov/surveytool/public/survey.php?name=hr76_L12_McNamara
This is an inquisitive survey and the presence of an issue does not mean that I support it. I simply what to know what your priorities are and where you stand.
Below, are this year’s ten questions.
- Would you support a right to work law in Indiana, meaning that a worker cannot be required to join a labor union or pay labor union fees in order to get or keep a job?
- Do you believe that a driver’s license, registration and insurance should be required of people who operate mopeds on public roadways?
- Do you support prohibiting a local government official from hiring his/her family member?
- Do you support the elimination of township government?
- Do you believe Indiana, like some other states, should implement random drug-testing as a requirement to receiving state-funded welfare benefits?
- Do you think that we need to reduce the sentences for non-violent criminal offenders due to the fact that we have limited space in our prisons?
- Would you support making pseudoephedrine (common ingredient in cold medicine which is also used in the production of Meth) available only by prescription?
- Do you believe that providing tax incentives to new and expanding businesses is a good strategy for increasing employment opportunities available to Hoosier workers?
- Do you support Indiana Attorney General’s legal challenge to Pres. Obama’s federal health care law (Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act) that requires all citizens to either have health insurance or face a tax for noncompliance?
- A legislator has filed a legal challenge against the fines levied on legislators who walked out during the 2011 legislative session. Do you support fining legislators who do not attend session for an extended period of time which prevents legislative work from being done?