Rep. Tom Saunders (R-Lewisville) was happy to see several pieces of artwork from District 54.
"We need to show that we support the arts in Indiana," said Rep. Saunders. "I am especially proud to see the beautiful artwork by children from my district. Indiana has so much talent in so many fields."
The artwork, which is created by young artists in schools all over Indiana, includes watercolors, pencil drawings, paintings, collages, textiles, and photography. Themes also vary, from animals and landscapes to political messages and abstract designs.
District 54 was represented by the following artists from Eastwood Elementary School:
· Drew Clapp, kindergarten.
· Megan Cox, second grade.
· Braden Stone, fifth grade.
· Brittney Staudinger, fifth grade.
· Adam Sullivan, first grade.
From Parker Elementary School:
· Braden Clouse, kindergarten.
· Olivia Frazier, second grade.
· Braedon Jones, third grade.
· Bryna Mifflin, fifth grade.
· Samantha Roe, fourth grade.
From Westwood Elementary School:
· Kaitlyn Conner, sixth grade.
· Madison Garreth, sixth grade.
· Hannah Roan, fourth grade.
· Cayden Smekens, fourth grade.
The display kicked off with a reception at the Statehouse on Sunday. The artwork will be up for public viewing through March 28.
The Art Education Association of Indiana is a professional organization dedicated to the promotion, advancement and improvement of art education at all levels in the state of Indiana. Each March the AEAI seeks to emphasize the importance and value of quality school art programs by offering Youth Art Month at the Statehouse.