[r44] Rep. Thomas Announces Emergency Aid Information (6/11/2008)

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Start Date: 6/11/2008 All Day
End Date: 6/11/2008

(STATEHOUSE) June 11, 2008 - The recent bout of heavy rains and storms has left many Hoosiers facing the destruction of their property and hefty cleanup.  State Rep. Amos Thomas (R-Brazil) wants those affected by the flood to be aware of the many resources available to help them deal with this difficult time. 

If you and your family were among those affected by flooding and damage, there are local and federal agencies and organizations that will help.

You may qualify for aid through the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA.)

Here is important contact information that can help you find the assistance you need in this difficult time:

Clay County Emergency Management

812-446-2535 ext. 156

Parke County Emergency Management

 765- 569-3646

Putnam County Emergency Management


Vigo County Emergency Management


Get Individual Assistance from FEMA:

·        Up to $28,800 per household for rent, repairs and replacement of home and personal goods.

·        Designed to compliment, not replace private insurance, so claims paid will be taken into account in the determination of a FEMA grant.

·        You may still apply for a FEMA grant while awaiting the resolution of any private insurance claims.

Apply for FEMA Assistance



Business loans up to $1.5 million for property damage or to provide capital to small businesses and small agricultural cooperatives to assist through the recovery period.

United States Small Business Administration

For information about SBA Disaster Loans:


Local Red Cross


IN Department of Insurance


Be sure to document the damage with photographs, this will help when filing insurance claims.  Also, document your repairs and clean up efforts well; log the work you perform and save all receipts from related purchases.           

As we move from the recovery stage to the rebuilding state, there will be many questions and needs that will arise.  Feel free to contact Rep. Amos Thomas with any questions or concerns through e-mail at h44@in.gov, by calling the Statehouse toll-free at 1-800-382-9841 or by writing him at the Statehouse, 200 W. Washington St., Indianapolis, IN 46204.