Questions marked with an * are required
Please select your preferred internship(s).
- Work directly with an assigned group of state representatives.
- Research and respond to legislative questions.
- Track bills through the legislative process.
- Aid in committee coverage and preparing reports.
- Communicate directly with constituents via mail, phone, and email.
- Work directly with an assigned press secretary and group of state representatives.
- Write news releases, guest columns and e-newsletters.
- Monitor news coverage and track social media.
- Help setup press conferences and media availabilities.
- Take photos during events and coordinate media interviews.
- Opportunities available to focus on social media, graphic design and audio/video production.
- Create and maintain Ways & Means Committee bill tracking database.
- Prepare summaries of Ways & Means Committee action.
- Monitor tax- and finance-related bills assigned to committees other than the Ways & Means Committee.
- Assist the Ways & Means Fiscal Staff with the interpretation and analysis of committee and second reading floor amendments.
- Research, track and analyze amendments and bills.
- Prepare committee reports for legislators.
- Search for existing language in the Indiana Code.
- Assist staff and legislators with legislative and fiscal inquiries.
- Public speaking.
Experience or Extracurricular:
| All state employees, including House interns, are subject to a background check.
PLEASE NOTE: To complete your application for the House Republican Internship, please mail or e-mail the following: official college transcript, 2-3 letters of recommendation (at least 1 professional and 1 personal), and your resume to:
Legislative Intern Director
Indiana House of Representatives Republican Caucus
200 W. Washington St., Room 401-1, Indianapolis, IN 46204
|By checking this box, I verify that the statements and representations above are true and accurate. I also understand that additional documents must be submitted in order to complete my application.