Welcome to my website and thank you for taking the time to visit. It is an honor and a privilege to represent House District 56, which includes the majority of Wayne County.
My website has been designed to give you information on our district, issues I am working on, and assist you in navigating state government.
Your thoughts and opinions are very important to me, and I encourage you to contact me with any questions or concerns you may have. I look forward to hearing from you as we work together in our efforts to keep Indiana flourishing. As your state representative, my focus will always be on making Indiana the best place to live, work and raise a family.
Richard “Dick” Hamm
House District 56
Indiana House of Representatives: 2012-Present
House District 56: Most of Wayne County
Address: 2266 Walnut Lane, Richmond, IN 47374
• Toll-free Statehouse: (800) 382-9841
• Direct Line: (317) 232-9769
• Insurance, Vice Chair
• Financial Institutions
• Agriculture and Rural Development
• Statutory Committee on Interstate and International Cooperation
• Centerville-Abington Elementary School, Abington, IN
• Test Jr. High School, Richmond, IN
• Richmond High School, Richmond, IN
• Earlham College, Richmond, IN (Executive Growth Certificate)
• Boys & Girls Club of Wayne County (Former President of the Board)
• Former National President, Casket & Funeral Supply Association of America
• Economic Development Corp. of Wayne County (Former Chairman of the Board)
• Milton Masonic Lodge #108
• Cambridge City Chamber of Commerce
• Indiana Manufacturers Association
• Townsend Community Center
• Calvary Baptist Church, Richmond, IN (Board Chairman & Trustee)
State Representative Dick Hamm was born in Liberty, Ind. He began his career experience at Wallace Metal Products, where he worked for 19 years. He then purchased the Paul Casket Company in 1972 and was the Owner and President. In 1982, Rep. Hamm founded the Cambridge City Casket Company, and in 1999 he founded Dove Manufacturing.
He and his wife Debbie live in Richmond. They have three sons, one daughter, eight grandchildren and 12 great grandchildren.
House District 56 consists of a large portion of Wayne County in Eastern Indiana.
STATEHOUSE (June 7, 2016) — State Rep. Dick Hamm (R-Richmond) congratulates Richmond resident, John Place, as a recipient of Indiana’s 2016 Golden Hoosier Award.
STATEHOUSE (March 16, 2016) — State Rep. Dick Hamm (R-Richmond) recently welcomed the following student pages to the Statehouse:
STATEHOUSE (Feb. 22, 2016) — State Rep. Dick Hamm (R-Richmond) recently welcomed Israeli Consul General Roey Gilad to the Statehouse.
STATEHOUSE (Feb. 17, 2016) — State Rep. Dick Hamm (R-Richmond) and State Sen. Jeff Raatz (R-Centerville) recently honored Larry Parker with a resolution at the Statehouse in recognition of his 36-year tenure on the Richmond Common Council.
STATEHOUSE (Feb. 15, 2016) — State Rep. Dick Hamm (R-Richmond) recently welcomed members and advocates from Achieva Resources Corp. to the Statehouse.
STATEHOUSE (Feb. 12, 2016) — State Rep. Dick Hamm (R-Richmond) welcomed students and staff from the Boys & Girls Club to the Statehouse this week.
STATEHOUSE (Feb. 10, 2016) – State Rep. Dick Hamm (R-Richmond) welcomes local resident, Alyssa Jennings, to the Statehouse where she is interning with the House of Representatives during the 2016 legislative session.
STATEHOUSE- State Representative Dick Hamm (R-Richmond) congratulates Douglas and Jeanie Eliason and family for receiving the Hoosier Homestead Award. Lt. Governor Sue Ellspermann presented the award during a ceremony in the Farm Bureau Building at the Indiana State Fair.